Monday, August 31, 2015

North Carolina Wedding on the Farm: Aaron & Darah


When two of your best friends tie the knot, it's hard to not have a million favorite pictures from their big day!  So get ready for picture overload!!! 

I met Aaron in high school.  He and my husband/high school sweetheart, Daniel, have always been best friends.  Years later, he brought Darah to a welcome home party we had for Daniel's graduation from USMC bootcamp.  I could immediately tell why Aaron had fallen for her.  Surrounded by our group of friends that had known each other for a decade or longer, she fit right in.  (I remember telling Aaron not long after that he better not mess this up, because he couldn't do better than her!  And I meant it!)  I am so thankful he put a ring on it, because not only are they perfect for each other, but Darah has also quickly become one of the best friends I could ever ask for.

This past May, over Memorial Day weekend, I was honored and thrilled to photograph their wedding day from start to finish.  When they first asked me to photograph their wedding I was incredibly nervous.  Good nervous, but my anxiety kicked in!  I never want to disappoint anyone, let alone two of my best friends.  There are no do-overs for wedding days!  We sat down and talked and I told them that I wanted to do an engagement session for them before they made their decision.  When they got their photos back, they absolutely LOVED them!  Their compliments and obvious excitement made my nerves melt away.  (See Aaron & Darah's engagement session here!)  

I am so so happy that I played this role on their big day!  I couldn't be happier with how these memories turned out.  Wishing both of my buddies the happily every after they deserve.

Cheers to the Andersons!







































There's my hubby, the Best Man! <3





Aaron gave Darah her grandmother's stone reset into a pendant necklace.  She arrived at the perfect moment on wedding day, right as Darah was opening her gift.







Beautiful moment between mother and bride.  From tears one minute to laughter the next.


















The mother of the groom wanted to take a photo with the shotgun.  The facial expressions in the photo below are 100% genuine!  One of my favorite shots from the day!! No pun intended.  :)



The best man (belonging to yours truly!) & Darah's sister-in-law sang a beautiful duet of Blake Shelton's "God Gave Me You" for Darah to walk down the aisle to.  Tear!!
































Their guests released butterflies as they kissed, something Darah has always wanted for her wedding day.  We saved two of them for Aaron & Darah to release together.  This one decided to stick around!









Having a groomsman wear the Go-Pro throughout the reception.  Always a good idea!











































Decorating the getaway car while no one is looking!












Venue: Rolling Hill Farms
Flowers: Chelish Moore Flowers
Invitations: Sweetest Beginnings
DJ: Crackerjack Sound Decisions
Cake: Megan Elizabeth Cakes



No comments:

Post a Comment